Ronald Glen Kettle
January 24, 2014
Ronald Glen Kettle, 68, of Craig, passed away Jan. 10, 2014, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper, Wy. He was born in Montrose, CO, on Aug. 10, 1945, to Jesse Glen Kettle and Margaret (Penko) Kettle. He graduated from Montrose High School in 1964.
While attending Mesa College in Grand Junction he met Estella Marie Gray and married March 18, 1967. The couple had two children, Teresa Lynn and James Glen, before moving to Craig in 1974. Ron worked for the County Assessor's Office then became an Accredited Rural Appraiser. He was a member of Montrose Elks Lodge and involved in horse events, raising Paint Horses and showing them.
He is survived by his wife of 46 years, Marie (Gray) Kettle; children, Teresa Kettle and grandson Clayton Funkhouser of Sterling, CO; Jim and (Linda) Kettle of Crowel, Texas; brother, Tom (Collen) Kettle of Montrose, CO; a niece, nephew, aunts, uncles, cousins. He is preceded in death by his parents.
A graveside Celebration of Life was held January 18 at the Grand View Cemetery in Montrose. Memorial donations may be made to your favorite youth scholarship program.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Girls steal shoes: On the record for Oct. 8, 9
- Moffat County business wins 2017 Mossy Oak featured business award
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat Springs
- Helping Moffat County kids motivates candidates to serve on school board
- Man assaulted in his home: On the record for Oct. 10, 11