Franklin J. Zimmerman
July 3, 2013
Franklin J. Zimmerman passed away surrounded by family June 27, 2013, at his home in Commerce City. He was born on May 17, 1927, in Great Divide. Frank graduated high school in Craig, then joined the U.S. Navy and was honorably discharged. He married Shirley Jesmer, and they raised five children.
He enjoyed working, fishing, camping and playing cards. He was affectionately known as Padre by his children and grandchildren.
Frank is survived by his five children, Debra Hanes, Kenneth (Janet) Zimmerman, Marcy (Mike) Dencklau, Terri (Randy) Reno, Vicki (Jim) Dilldine; adopted son Don Johnson; 16 grandchildren; and 28.5 great-grandchildren. A private service will be held July 5, 2013.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County Jail Report for Nov. 9 to Nov. 20
- UPDATED: Last show of strength for Empire Mine in Moffat County; silo still standing after failed demolition attempt
- Multiple kids on the loose: On the record for Nov. 18, 19
- Thieves target Christmas ornaments: On the record for Nov. 16, 17
- Craig quilters find it gratifying to make, give gifts that comfort others