Glenn Sheridan Wallace
June 19, 2013
Former Craig resident, Glenn Sheridan Wallace, 94, of rural Lindsborg, Kan., passed away peacefully Monday, June 3, 2013, at Memorial Hospital in McPherson, Kan.
Glenn was born April 13, 1919, in Augusta, Kan., to Clarence and Muriel (Gilliand) Wallace. He was raised in Kansas and moved to Craig in the mid-1960s. Glenn served in World War II with the U.S. Army's 67th Armored Regiment. He was united in marriage to Mona R. Artas in Spokane, Wash., on Jan. 1, 1954.
Survivors include his wife, Mona, of the home; sons Ward Wallace and David Wallace, both of Craig; daughters Laura Henderson and Glenda Taylor (John), of rural Lindsborg; nine grandchildren; and 12 great grandchildren.
Glenn was preceded in death by his parents, Clarence and Muriel Wallace, and his brother, John Wallace.
A private graveside service was held at McPherson Cemetery in McPherson, Kan., on June 6, 2013, with the Rev. Charles Whitacre, of McPherson Church of the Brethren, officiating.
Memorials are suggested to The Salvation Army, in care of Glidden-Ediger Funeral Home, 222 West Euclid, McPherson, KS 67460.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Girls steal shoes: On the record for Oct. 8, 9
- Fall getaways: 5 unique Airbnbs within a couple hours of Craig
- Helping Moffat County kids motivates candidates to serve on school board
- Moffat County business wins 2017 Mossy Oak featured business award
- Top 10 most-viewed stories of the week: Oct. 9 through 15, 2017