Mary Jane Seed
May 26, 2013
Mary Jane Seed was born Jan. 13, 1959, in Fairbanks, Alaska, the daughter of Andrew and Anne (Lufkin) Seed. Mary was raised in many different places due to her father being in the military. They lived in Germany, Guam and Alaska.
Mary worked as a house painter and more recently operated her ranch north of Maybell.
Mary loved animals and was a dog and horse breeder. She was a member of the American Kennel Club and New Creation Church.
Mary died May 10, 2013, at her home. She was 54.
Mary is survived by her daughter Jillyen (David) Senter, of Craig; her sons,Josh (Tessica) Johnson, of Tina, Mo., and Jacob Johnson, of Braymer, Mo.; her grandchildren Jasmine, Star, Joe, Tristan, Jill, Jasmine and Gabriel; her mother, Anne Fournier, of Steamboat Springs; her sister Elizabeth Seed, of Tennessee; her brothers Paul Seed, of Wisconsin, Carter Seed, of Phoenix, Ariz., and David Seed, of Craig; and her husband, Jim Thomas, of Maybell.
Mary was preceded in death by her father, Andrew Seed; her stepfather, Jim Fournier; and her stepbrother Christopher Fournier.
A graveside service was held May 17, 2013, at her ranch north of Maybell with Pastor Jason Haskell officiating.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg
- 5 Moffat County High School graduates enlist in military
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school
- ‘A new adventure’: Moffat County graduation marks change, growth for 97 students