May 14, 2013
Doris Elaine (Darland) Donner Brockmann, of Craig, died April 1, 2013, at Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehab Center.
Doris was born Dec. 14, 1920, in Randolph, Iowa, to Lester Darland and Gladys May (Niday) Darland. She was the second of four children: Dorothy E., Donovan L. and Charles D. She graduated from Ferragut Consolidated Schools in 1936.
She married Joseph C. Donner on June 19, 1937. They had five children. Joe died in 1970.
Doris remarried Henry H. Brockmann on Aug. 9, 1980 in Louisville, 10 years after Joe's death. Doris and Henry loved to travel and took many senior bus trips around the states.
She was preceded in death by her parents; all of her siblings; and both of her husbands.
She is survived by her children S. Douglas (Linda) Donner, Deanna Jo Messing, Leslie C. (Butch) Cook, Mark D. (Nikki) Donner and Kendra R. (Rob) Dean; her grandchildren Erin (Jeff) Miller, Kelley Davis, Arro (Calla) Cook, Kara (Adam) Neff, Adam (Rachel) Cook, Stephan (Erin) Dean, Calvin Dean, Brandi Dean, Chandlyr Dean, Caroline Dean, Cadence Dean, Kayla Donner and Rachel Donner; 14 great-grandchildren; 10 great-great-grandchildren; and sister-in-law Donna Darland.
A graveside service was held April 5, 2013, at the Craig Cemetery. Pallbearers were Rob Dean, Stephen Dean, Calvin Dean, Arro Cook, Adam Cook and Trent Miller.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Consultants provide Craig parents with data to inform school closure process
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Moffat County suicides drop to zero; access to care increasing, barriers still remain