Betty Lou Pritchard
March 8, 2013
Betty Lou French Pritchard was born Aug. 13, 1927, in Meeker, the daughter of Leasel and Josephine (Thompson) French. She was raised and attended school in Meeker.
Betty worked for Seven Lakes Resort for many years as a waitress and housekeeper.
She married Gerald Dean Pritchard on Sept. 5, 1954, in Meeker. They became the parents of four children and made their home in various places, including Henderson, Nev., Victorville, Calif., and Japan. They moved to Craig in 1975.
Betty enjoyed traveling, fishing, camping, golfing and bowling. She was a member of the VFW Auxiliary in Craig.
Betty died Feb. 20, 2013, at The Memorial Hospital in Craig. She was 75.
Betty is survived by her daughter, Connie Jessen, of Craig; her sons, Dean (Jen) Pritchard, of Meeker, and Gerry Pritchard and Corey (Martha) Pritchard, of Craig; 12 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; her sisters, Margaret Davis, of Myton, Utah, Shirley Randall, of Yukon, Okla., and Patsy (Larry) Storey, of Meeker.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Gerald; her sisters Charlene and Bonnie; her brother Leasel; and her son-in-law Mike Jessen.
Cremation has taken place, and at Betty's request, no formal service will take place.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Consultants provide Craig parents with data to inform school closure process
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Moffat County suicides drop to zero; access to care increasing, barriers still remain