Kenneth Max Martin
February 15, 2013
Kenneth Max Martin was born March 31, 1953. He found his way to heaven Feb. 12, 2013, in Grand Junction due to complications during surgery. He was 59.
"Pirate" was a dedicated coal miner and worked hard for 30-plus years. He absolutely loved being ornery and finding any way possible to give his co-workers a story to talk about. Kenneth worked incredibly hard and took pride in his work and in taking care of his family and friends.
Kenneth was born in Oaks, N.D. He was the last of 17 kids and was proud to be the baby of the family. He had a special bond with each and every one of his siblings.
Kenneth enjoyed playing cards, gambling, spending time with his grandbabies and watching football. Kenneth lived and breathed "Broncos Fever." We know he is now heaven's No. 1 Broncos fan.
Kenneth is survived by his girlfriend, Roberta Harper; his son, Chad (Jessica) Martin; his daughter, Kindra (Nathan) Nicodemus; his grandson, Jonathan Martin; and his granddaughters, Alivia and Lyla Nicodemus.
A funeral service is at 10 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 16) at The Journey at First Baptist Church in Craig.
Papa Ken will be forever missed and always in our hearts. Go Broncos!
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man bathing in sink: On the record for June 20 to 22, jail report for June 13 to 16
- Mission will fulfill long-held dream from Craig woman
- Concerns over Craig customer service location addressed by YVEA board
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo