January 22, 2013
Marie Penasa, wife of retired Sgt. Jim Penasa, passed away Friday, Jan. 11 in Montrose.
Marie is survived by her husband, Jim Penasa; two daughters, Rose (Lonnie) Oversole, of Nathrop, and Coleen (Ray) Haigler, of Helper, Utah; a son, Gino (Amy) Penasa, of Frisco; 7 grandchildren; and 7 great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a daughter, Sandra; one grandson, Brandon Martinez; and a great grandson, Chase Wood.
Services took place Jan. 15 at Zion Lutheran Church in Montrose.
Memorial contributions can be made to Hospice and Palliative Care of Western Colorado, 645 S. Fifth St., Montrose, CO 81401 or to the Children's Hospital of Denver in memory of Brandon Martinez.
Condolences can be sent to Jim Penasa and family, 2409 Glen View Drive, Montrose, CO 81401.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County Jail Report for Nov. 9 to Nov. 20
- UPDATED: Last show of strength for Empire Mine in Moffat County; silo still standing after failed demolition attempt
- Multiple kids on the loose: On the record for Nov. 18, 19
- Thieves target Christmas ornaments: On the record for Nov. 16, 17
- Craig quilters find it gratifying to make, give gifts that comfort others