Edith Viola Updike
January 17, 2013
Edith Viola Updike, of La Plata, N.M., died Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, in Farmington, N.M. She was 91.
Edith, better known as “Viola,” was born March 21, 1921, in Fairview, Okla., to Mary Martha Rouse and James Emmerson Brintall. The family moved to Craig in 1923, then to a homestead 17 miles north of Maybell.
After finishing school, Edith taught second grade for 30 years at Craig Elementary School.
A memorial service is set for 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19 at Faith Heights Church, 600 28 1/4 Road in Grand Junction.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man bathing in sink: On the record for June 20 to 22, jail report for June 13 to 16
- Mission will fulfill long-held dream from Craig woman
- Concerns over Craig customer service location addressed by YVEA board
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names
- Food poisoning sickened 80 at Rifle Rodeo