Ella Updike Marquess
January 12, 2013
Ella M. Updike Marquess was born Aug. 12, 1921, in Craig, the daughter of Guy and Nina (Sturgill) Updike. She was raised on Great Divide and attended country schools there.
Ella worked at various jobs during her lifetime including being a restaurant cook, working as a nurse's aid and as a homemaker.
Ellla lived in California for many years and returned to Craig twenty years ago. She enjoyed working in her yard and reading the bible.
Ella died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at the Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center. She was 91.
Ella is survived by her daughter, Sharon Bell, of Craig; her son, Bill Henderson, and his wife Norma, of Craig; grandson Rick Fleming, his wife Kendell, and their children Conner and Matthew, of Loveland; brothers Elwyn Updike and wife Maxine, of Craig, and Marvin Updike and wife Maxine, of Grants Pass, Ore.; and numerous nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her brothers Orval and Vernon.
Cremation has taken place and at Ella's request no services will take place.
Memorial donations may be made to the Northwest Colorado VNA and Hospice in care of Grant Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man seriously injured in car crash east of Hayden
- Pickup plunges into Loudy-Simpson pond south of Craig
- Open records request sheds light on police chief’s forced retirement
- 5 things to know about closure of an elementary school in Craig
- Updated: Firefighters save building near Cedar Mountain northwest of Craig Thursday