Alice Grace Gould Lawrence
November 29, 2012
Alice Grace Gould Lawrence was born Oct. 22, 1922, on Missouri Heights near Carbondale.
She was raised and attended school on Missouri Heights and in Carbondale, where she graduated from high school.
Alice later married William Spencer Lawrence and they became the parents of one son and two daughters. They made their home in Wyoming for several years before moving to Craig in 1963.
Alice was a homemaker and enjoyed knitting, crocheting, fishing, traveling and rock hunting.
Alice died Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012, at The Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center. She was 90.
She is survived by her son, Spencer Lawrence, of Craig; her grandchildren, Kayla Draper, William Gunett, William Letsinger, and Robbie and Lynn Lawrence; her great grandchildren, Colton, Claire, Hayle and Liam; her sister Ruth Zancanella, of Glenwood Springs.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her sister Zada and her sister Rosella Haff; her brothers Archie, Richard and Willard; her husband William; and her daughters Sarah Draper and Janice Letsinger.
Cremation has taken place and memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at the Basalt Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- One down, one to go: Auction of Moffat County property results in one sale
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout
- Craig ready for a grand old time this weekend with Grand Old West Days