Twila E. Harnett
October 27, 2012
Twila E. Shaw Harnett was born June 4, 1934, in Edgar, Neb., the daughter of Ivan and Elsie (Jester) Shaw. She was raised in Clay County, Neb., and attended school in Edgar.
Twila married Darrell Harnett in 1954 in Edgar. They made their home in Nebraska until the early '60s when they moved to Denver. Twila was a homemaker and also worked as as a security guard for Sigmans Meat Co. and for a uranium mine near Golden. She and Darrell later were divorced.
Twila moved to Yampa in 1992. She enjoyed cross-country skiing and being with her family.
Twila died Oct. 13, 2012, at the Doak Walker Care Center in Steamboat Springs following a brief illness. She was 78.
She is survived by her son Kim Harnett, of Oak Creek; her grandchildren Dawn, Candy, Michelle and Clayton; nine great-grandchildren; and her brothers Donald and Robert Shaw, both of Edgar.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her son Martin Harnett and her daughter-in-law Gwendolyn Cleary.
A funeral was held Oct. 19, 2012, at the Yampa Bible Church with Kelly Carlson officiating. Interment followed in the Yampa Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school
- 5 Moffat County High School graduates enlist in military
- ‘A new adventure’: Moffat County graduation marks change, growth for 97 students