Charles V. Owens
August 29, 2012
Charles V. Owens was born on July 1, 1915, in Burns, the son of Frank and Jessie (MacMillan) Owens.
He was raised on the Williams Fork and attended school at Waddle Creek.
Charles lived in the Williams Fork area prior to moving into Craig in 1950. He was a rancher, a rural mail carrier for forty-four years and operated his own freight business.
He enjoyed driving around the county and fishing.
Charles died Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center. He was 97.
Charles is survived by several great nieces and great nephews, including Brenda Knob and husband Alan of Craig and David Owens and wife Jodi of Hamilton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, sister Isabella Bochman and brother Guy Owens.
Funeral services Thursday, August 23, 2012, at The Grant Mortuary Chapel with the Rev. Tony Bohrer officiating.
Interment followed in the Craig Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Girls steal shoes: On the record for Oct. 8, 9
- Moffat County business wins 2017 Mossy Oak featured business award
- Families, police search for runaway teens from Steamboat Springs
- Helping Moffat County kids motivates candidates to serve on school board
- Man assaulted in his home: On the record for Oct. 10, 11