Charles V. Owens
August 29, 2012
Charles V. Owens was born on July 1, 1915, in Burns, the son of Frank and Jessie (MacMillan) Owens.
He was raised on the Williams Fork and attended school at Waddle Creek.
Charles lived in the Williams Fork area prior to moving into Craig in 1950. He was a rancher, a rural mail carrier for forty-four years and operated his own freight business.
He enjoyed driving around the county and fishing.
Charles died Thursday, August 16, 2012, at Sandrock Ridge Care and Rehabilitation Center. He was 97.
Charles is survived by several great nieces and great nephews, including Brenda Knob and husband Alan of Craig and David Owens and wife Jodi of Hamilton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, sister Isabella Bochman and brother Guy Owens.
Funeral services Thursday, August 23, 2012, at The Grant Mortuary Chapel with the Rev. Tony Bohrer officiating.
Interment followed in the Craig Cemetery.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg