Robert Shelton, Sr.
August 25, 2012
Robert Shelton (Bob), son of James and Vivian Shelton, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012.
Bob was born and raised in Craig, the youngest of eight children. Siblings included Jimmy, Ernest, Dorothy, Maxine, Stanley, Jerry and the last of his surviving siblings, Triva.
Bob met his childhood sweetheart, Pat Shelton (Quesnoy), in Craig, and later joined the United States Navy.
After raising 6 children of his own — Bob, Jr. (Diane), Jim, Carolyn, Moe (Gwen), Paul and Don (Tracy) — he and Pat moved back to Craig to live out his retirement years.
Bob loved to camp, fish, golf and play games, but most of all he loved the Lord Jesus Christ.
Bob is survived by his children, 16 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.
Services will be Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012, at Craig First Christian Church, 960 W. Victory Way.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Craig Police Department warns residents of postal scam
- Man stays overnight in church bathroom: On the record for Nov. 11, 12
- Highway 13 north of Craig reopened; six cattle dead; driver sustains minor injuries after single vehicle rollover crash
- Obituary: Richard M. Haslem
- Amber Beaver once student, now teacher at Sunset Elementary School