Melvin P. Mulkey
August 18, 2012
Longtime Routt County resident Melvin P. Mulkey passed away July 24, 2012.
He is survived by children Melvin, Richard and Elaine; grandchildren Leah, Tom, Kristina and Mackenzie; and numerous great-grandchildren.
Melvin relocated to Routt County from his home state of Georgia in 1974, settling eight miles east of Hayden.
Life in the small town suited him just fine. The beauty of the mountains, fire-in-the-sky sunsets and the bugle of the majestic elk were the things he loved.
Once settling down, no other place on Earth was as comforting as his home.
Melvin retired from the Hayden Station power plant and spent many years thereafter outfitting, hunting, fishing and camping throughout Colorado.
His kind, generous nature and loyal friendship will be missed by those who knew him best.
A private memorial service arrangement is pending.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Rollover accident occurs on East Victory Way in Craig Thursday
- 10 signs you’re a Craig local
- Authorities officially identify Craig kayaker in Yampa River fatality
- Craig couple arrested on suspicion of stealing expensive mountain bikes from Steamboat
- Harassment at the gas station: On the record for July 14, 15