Steven Quincy Skidmore
August 4, 2012
Steven Quincy Skidmore died Monday, July 2, 2012, in Phoenixville, Pa.
He was 52.
He was born Aug. 2, 1959, in Craig. He graduated from Moffat County High School in 1979, and shortly thereafter enlisted in the U.S. Army. He served as a Calvary Scout for two years and eight months.
Steven was employed as a draftsman and also worked at various jobs as a laborer. He lived a number of years in Florida, later moving to Kentucky and Kansas, before returning to Colorado.
In January 2011, he moved to Philadelphia.
After his discharge from the Army in 1981, he was diagnosed with a mental illness. Medication for this illness took a physical toll and he suffered a severe cardiac arrest.
He is survived by his mother, Marilyn, and stepfather, Carl Marsell; sister Susan Skidmore; brother Scott Skidmore; and stepsister Connie Urie. His aunt, Bonita Hunter, and family also survive him.
He was preceded in death by his father, Clyde Skidmore; grandparents Ora and Lottie Skidmore and J. Ivan Kitch and Lucy Kitch.
Recommended Stories For You
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire near Elk Springs reaches 5,200 acres, burning on Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Weekend fires ravage family home, Cedar Mountain in Moffat County
- Moffat County 4-H aims high, shoots straight at state
- New hotel owners plan big improvements