Marie Ilene Rawlinson
July 2, 2012
Marie Ilene Rawlinson was born Nov. 22, 1926, in Delano, Calif., to John Fickle and Hilda (Shelton) Fickle.
She died June 23, 2012.
Marie graduated from Craig High School. Upon graduation, she taught students at a country school before moving to Grand Junction, where she worked at the U.S. Bank.
Marie married Joyce Rawlinson on Jan. 1, 1955, in Rifle. They lived in Grand Junction before moving to Meeker, where they ranched, she worked at the First National Bank and he worked for the Rio Blanco County road department.
Marie enjoyed her animals, the outdoors, ranching, horseback riding, 4-wheeler riding and snow machines, covering many miles over the years.
Marie was preceded in death by her husband, Joyce, her father, John, her mother, Hilda, and her stepfather, Same.
There will be a memorial celebration of Marie and Joyce Rawlinson's lives to be announced at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATED: Last show of strength for Empire Mine in Moffat County; silo still standing after failed demolition attempt
- 3 involved in rollover in southern Moffat County
- Hydro dipping has one Craig man wrapped up in business
- Moffat County Jail Report for Nov. 9 to Nov. 20
- Thieves target Christmas ornaments: On the record for Nov. 16, 17