Marie Ilene Rawlinson
July 2, 2012
Marie Ilene Rawlinson was born Nov. 22, 1926, in Delano, Calif., to John Fickle and Hilda (Shelton) Fickle.
She died June 23, 2012.
Marie graduated from Craig High School. Upon graduation, she taught students at a country school before moving to Grand Junction, where she worked at the U.S. Bank.
Marie married Joyce Rawlinson on Jan. 1, 1955, in Rifle. They lived in Grand Junction before moving to Meeker, where they ranched, she worked at the First National Bank and he worked for the Rio Blanco County road department.
Marie enjoyed her animals, the outdoors, ranching, horseback riding, 4-wheeler riding and snow machines, covering many miles over the years.
Marie was preceded in death by her husband, Joyce, her father, John, her mother, Hilda, and her stepfather, Same.
There will be a memorial celebration of Marie and Joyce Rawlinson's lives to be announced at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire more than 50-percent contained at 7,800 acres in western Moffat County
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Moffat County football goes back and forth in penalty-heavy loss to Resurrection Christian