James Orville Rogers
June 23, 2012
James Orville Rogers was born Nov. 24, 1937, to his parents Orval and Lura (Barden) Rogers in Illiff.
Jim married Nancy Johnson on May 17, 1959, and they just celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary.
Jim lost his four-year battle with cancer June 20, 2012, in his home in Craig. Jim was a jack-of-all trades: logger, truck driver, police officer, mechanic and glass installer, and master of none. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, collecting antiques, telling stories of his life, being ornery and his annual trips to Las Vegas.
Jim is survived by his wife, Nancy Rogers; children Jim (Kelli) Rogers, Dena (Rick) Rogers-Kumpf, Gary (Roz) Rogers, Doug (Carrie) Rogers, LaDonna (Dustin) Mason, and Kimberly (James) Rogers-Diller; sister Kay (Bill) Myers; 10 grandchildren; 10 step-grandchildren; and beloved pet Lady.
Preceding him in death were his parents and sister Mary Ann Case.
Services will be at 10 a.m. today, Saturday, June 23, 2012, at South Routt Bible Church.
In lieu of flowers, Jim requested donations be made to Craig Hospice, 745 Russell St., Craig, CO, 81625, and the American Cancer Society at http://www.cancer.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout