James Orville Rogers
June 23, 2012
James Orville Rogers was born Nov. 24, 1937, to his parents Orval and Lura (Barden) Rogers in Illiff.
Jim married Nancy Johnson on May 17, 1959, and they just celebrated their 53rd wedding anniversary.
Jim lost his four-year battle with cancer June 20, 2012, in his home in Craig. Jim was a jack-of-all trades: logger, truck driver, police officer, mechanic and glass installer, and master of none. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, collecting antiques, telling stories of his life, being ornery and his annual trips to Las Vegas.
Jim is survived by his wife, Nancy Rogers; children Jim (Kelli) Rogers, Dena (Rick) Rogers-Kumpf, Gary (Roz) Rogers, Doug (Carrie) Rogers, LaDonna (Dustin) Mason, and Kimberly (James) Rogers-Diller; sister Kay (Bill) Myers; 10 grandchildren; 10 step-grandchildren; and beloved pet Lady.
Preceding him in death were his parents and sister Mary Ann Case.
Services will be at 10 a.m. today, Saturday, June 23, 2012, at South Routt Bible Church.
In lieu of flowers, Jim requested donations be made to Craig Hospice, 745 Russell St., Craig, CO, 81625, and the American Cancer Society at http://www.cancer.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man seriously injured in car crash east of Hayden
- Pickup plunges into Loudy-Simpson pond south of Craig
- Open records request sheds light on police chief’s forced retirement
- Driver hospitalized in Denver after Friday collision with semi truck outside Hayden
- Tires slashed on multiple vehicles: On the record for Oct. 12, 13