June 9, 2012
Virginia Wheeler passed away May 30, 2012, after a long bout of illness. She was 81.
She was born on the family ranch outside McCoy to Elizabeth and Frank Bedell.
She married Elof Wheeler on Nov. 23, 1954, at her family ranch, and they were married for 58 years. They moved to Steamboat Springs, where they raised a family. She lived and worked in the Steamboat area until she retired and moved to a ranch outside Craig in 1992.
She was preceded in death by her youngest son, Dan.
She is survived by her husband, Elof Wheeler, of Craig; sons Mike (Annette) Wheeler, of Laramie, Wyo., and Scott (Peggy) Wheeler, of Holly, Mich.; and sister Dorothy Belluchie, of Grand Junction.
A funeral was held June 2, 2012, at the Craig Christian Church with Traber Cass officiating.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Man found dead in Maroon Bells area; injuries to head and leg
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout