June 9, 2012
Virginia Wheeler passed away May 30, 2012, after a long bout of illness. She was 81.
She was born on the family ranch outside McCoy to Elizabeth and Frank Bedell.
She married Elof Wheeler on Nov. 23, 1954, at her family ranch, and they were married for 58 years. They moved to Steamboat Springs, where they raised a family. She lived and worked in the Steamboat area until she retired and moved to a ranch outside Craig in 1992.
She was preceded in death by her youngest son, Dan.
She is survived by her husband, Elof Wheeler, of Craig; sons Mike (Annette) Wheeler, of Laramie, Wyo., and Scott (Peggy) Wheeler, of Holly, Mich.; and sister Dorothy Belluchie, of Grand Junction.
A funeral was held June 2, 2012, at the Craig Christian Church with Traber Cass officiating.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire more than 50-percent contained at 7,800 acres in western Moffat County
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Moffat County football goes back and forth in penalty-heavy loss to Resurrection Christian