Russell Wayne Hinkle
May 11, 2012
Russell Wayne Hinkle was born Nov. 9, 1935, in Pawhuska, Okla. He was the son of Lee B. and Sylvia I. (Barnard) Hinkle. Russell moved to Hayden with his family when he was 10. After he married, he made his home in Craig.
He worked many years for the city of Craig, the Ford dealership garage and finished his career as a mechanic with the Moffat County Road and Bridge Department.
He liked to target shoot and won many turkeys at the Meeker contest. He enjoyed horse racing, both watching on TV or going to the live races that were held in different places.
Russell was preceded in death by his parents; daughter Deanna Stiegelmeyer; and brothers Phillip, Leslie, Derrell, Bobby Joe and Morris Hinkle.
Russell was a loving husband and father. He is survived by his wife of 55 years, Ruby (McLane) Hinkle; daughter Peggey (Dennis) Pourier; son-in-law Guy Stiegelmeyer; grandchildren Jedediah Pourier, Charles Cole Pourier, Denielle Pourier, Lesley (Josh) Peck and Randal Stiegelmeyer; great-grandchildren Lane Pourier and Lily Peck; brothers Edwin, Terrial, Weldon and Eldon Hinkle; and sisters Marygrace Doolin and Elizabeth Backes.
A graveside service was held May 5, 2012, at the Hayden Cemetery with Traber Cass officiating.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire more than 50-percent contained at 7,800 acres in western Moffat County
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Moffat County football goes back and forth in penalty-heavy loss to Resurrection Christian