Charlene Norma Leonard
April 25, 2012
Charlene “Charlie” Norma Leonard died Thursday, April 19, 2012, surrounded by her family at Mayfair Assisted Living after a valiant and courageous fight with cancer.
She was born Dec. 23, 1935, on the family’s Elk Creek ranch above Meeker to George William and Esther Anna Clark.
“Charlie” enjoyed 25 years of marriage to her late husband, Jack Leonard, worked tirelessly both in her career and garden, enjoyed rooting for the Denver Broncos and cherished her family.
Charlene is survived by sons John Douglas “Doug” Urie, of Broken Arrow, Okla., and Daniel Joe “Dan” Urie, of Yellowstone National Park; grandchildren Jamie Urie, of Denver, Sean Urie, of Craig, and Heather Mannion, Kylah Urie and Justin Urie, of Des Moines, Iowa; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack Leonard; son William Clark Urie; mother Esther Anna Clark; father George William; and sisters Malinda Clark and Miriam Hartung.
Memorial services were Saturday, April 21, 2012, at Denver Hospice Lowry Chapel in Denver, and she will be laid to rest in the Craig Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Denver Hospice Lowry in care of Grant Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Craig Police Department warns residents of postal scam
- Man stays overnight in church bathroom: On the record for Nov. 11, 12
- Highway 13 north of Craig reopened; six cattle dead; driver sustains minor injuries after single vehicle rollover crash
- Obituary: Richard M. Haslem
- Amber Beaver once student, now teacher at Sunset Elementary School