Betty L Grimm
March 16, 2012
Betty L. Grimm, 84, formerly of Craig, died Sunday, February 26, 2012, at her daughter's and son-in-law's home in Phoenix.
She was born January 27, 1928 in Cordova, Illinois, to Arthur and Lewis (Miller) Smith. She grew up in Farmington, Iowa, where as a young girl she enjoyed singing and dancing — something she continued to enjoy throughout her life.
She graduated from Farmington High School in 1946. After graduating from high school, she worked in banking in Farmington, Bonaparte and Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
In August of 1948, she married Marvin Grimm of Farmington, Iowa. He died October 18, 2011.
While living in Iowa, she took painting lessons from a former student of American Gothic artist Grant Wood and completed paintings during this time.
In 1966, the Grimms relocated to Craig, where she worked in banking, a fabric store, and a general merchandise and sporting goods business that she and her husband owned and operated. She was a member, and held office, in the P.E.O. and L.R.C. organizations.
In 1998, the Grimms moved to Phoenix.
She is survived by brothers Jim and Gene Smith, sons David and Douglas, daughter Rebecca, son-in-law Ekram, and granddaughters Collier and Grey.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- One down, one to go: Auction of Moffat County property results in one sale
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout
- Craig ready for a grand old time this weekend with Grand Old West Days