Debra Ann Nonella
March 7, 2012
Debra Ann Nonella died Wednesday, Feb. 29, 2012, from cancer. She was 54.
Debbie was born in Fort Bragg, Calif., where the family had a sheep ranch. They later moved to Bly, Ore., and raised cattle.
Debbie raised 4-H steers and began a lifelong love of horses and barrel racing. She was rodeo queen of the Lake County Round Up 1974 in Lakeview, Ore.
Debbie graduated high school in Lakeview, Ore., and married Vern Lamb and had two children. Following the divorce, she worked on various ranches, always finding a way to barrel race.
She called Fernley, Nev., home for several years, where she team penned and barrel raced whenever she could.
She later worked in Idaho taking care of sheep, and then moved to Maybell. The last few years were with John Cook, and she helped him on his ranch and enjoyed life.
Debbie was preceded in death by brother Larry Nonella, mother Barbara Nonella, and nephew Ross Leach.
She is survived by companion John Cook, of Maybell; father Don Nonella, of Elko, Nev.; brother Tom (Darla) Nonella, of Klamath Falls, Ore.; sister Carolyn (Mark) Leach, of Bridgeport, Calif.; son Richard (Veronica) Lamb, of Spring Creek, Nev.; daughter Kelly (Darrin) Pfeifer, of Tuscarora, Nev.; Shayna, Shyann, Sharmayne Lamb, Thomas and Sarah Pfeifer; and two nephews Roger and Mark Nonella.
Recommended Stories For You
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire near Elk Springs reaches 5,200 acres, burning on Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Consultants provide Craig parents with data to inform school closure process
- Moffat County suicides drop to zero; access to care increasing, barriers still remain
- Moffat County 4-H aims high, shoots straight at state