John L Ilko, Jr.
March 2, 2012
Dr. John L. Ilko, Jr., was born Jan. 29, 1942. He died Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012, in Kearney, Neb.
Pheasants, fireworks and fast cars were a few of the words to describe our daddy. After a brief illness called Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, our sweet daddy, Dr. John L. Ilko, Jr., went home to be with the Lord.
We would love for you to join us at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 10, 2012, at Horizon Christian Fellowship Church in Laramie, Wyo., to celebrate the memorable times we enjoyed with him.
Plans have also been made to gather in Craig later in the season for when the weather becomes pleasant for travel and better for everyone if you cannot make it to Laramie. This date is to be determined and will be announced in the newspaper.
Left behind are his children and their spouses, Rachel and Nick Veenstra, and Johnny and Laura Ilko, and his lifelong friend and wife, Sally Ilko. They were married 46 years in June 2011, and God also blessed them with two grandchildren he enjoyed, Keegan, 7, and Jacob, 3, Veenstra.
Condolences may be sent to 851 Evans, Laramie, Wyo., 82070 and calls directed to (970) 620.1457. Please celebrate the great times with Dad. "The idea is to die young as late as possible." Ashley Montagu, (1905 –1999).
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chainsaw fuel implicated in Temple Fire firefighter injury
- Businessman to fill Moffat County School Board vacancy
- Lifetime sport: Yampa Valley Golf Course’s Cottonwood Classic celebrates 50 years, devoted players
- Craig angler hooks $1,500 prize in Elkhead fishing tournament
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names