February 29, 2012
Gilbert "Dell" Evans died Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012, at The Memorial Hospital in Craig.
Dell was born April 5, 1956, in Hayden, the son of Russ and Audine Evans. He was raised in Craig and graduated from Moffat County High School.
Growing up, he helped his father with farming, as well as Craig Flying Service.
His true love was the oil fields company, working in the oil fields up to the end of his life. He was very dedicated to his job in the oil fields and was very respected for his knowledge with the trade.
He was preceded in death by his father, Ross Evans; sister Susan Evans; grandparents Gilbert and Dorothy Evans; and stepmother Ethel Evans.
He is survived by his mother, Audine Evans; children Adam and Timberli Evans, and Janie Herdok; grandson Jerry Herdok; sister Linda Anderson; four nieces and a nephew; and very special friends Bill and Debbie Bertram.
The loves of his life were his children, Adam and Timberli, and his dog, Sampson, also known as the chain dog.
He had a very kind and gentle spirit, always had a smile on his face and enjoyed joking with friends and family. He will be greatly missed.
A celebration of his life will take place from 4 to 7 p.m. today, Wednesday, Feb. 29, at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265, 419 E. Victory Way. Donations may be made to the charity of choice.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- One down, one to go: Auction of Moffat County property results in one sale
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Good sports: Moffat County High School awards ‘Dude’ Dent, Outstanding Female Athlete