Kenneth R Carlile
February 24, 2012
Kenneth R. Carlile, a Craig resident, died Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2012, in Montrose. He was 64.
He was born Aug. 25, 1947, in Dalhart, Texas. He was the son of Raymond and Geneva Carlile, who preceded him in death along with his sister, Mary Sue Burnett.
Ken is survived by his sisters, Wanda Hass, of Lubbock, Texas, and Judy Throne, of Albuquerque, N.M; nephews Mark Hale and family of Calvert, Texas, and Neil Hass and family of Austin, Texas; nieces Joyce Johnson, of Tulsa, Okla., and Kim Murray and family of San Antonio; and numerous cousins and friends in Texhoma, Okla., Texas, where he grew up and in Craig where he lived for many years, his "place of the heart."
He was an avid reader, loved fishing, the Oklahoma Sooners and the Denver Broncos.
At Ken's request, there will be no services and cremation has taken place. Friends and family will be notified of future gatherings to celebrate his life in Craig and in Oklahoma. Arrangements are under the direction of Crippin Funeral Home & Crematory, in Montrose.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Man who died in Yampa River identified as Steamboat Springs IT worker
- Missing eyebrow: On the record for May 19, 20
- One down, one to go: Auction of Moffat County property results in one sale
- Craig ready for a grand old time this weekend with Grand Old West Days
- Bear tries to break into doughnut delivery vehicle in Steamboat Springs