January 11, 2012
Mary Elizabeth Barton was born March 14, 1913, in Wallace, Kan., to Wellrose Stuart Barton and Sara Jane McKinnon Barton.
She married George Lee Dixon on Oct. 11, 1936, in Sharon Springs, Kan.
Immediately after they married, they moved to the Craig area, where they were involved in farming until George became Moffat County treasurer in 1966.
After George retired from office, they enjoyed traveling to Arizona for the winter months, returning to Craig when nice weather did.
Beth was preceded in death by her husband, George; her parents; brothers Wellrose, Alex, Paul and Harold; and an infant sister.
She is survived by her son George and his wife, Kathy Dixon, and her daughter Carol and her husband Bill McCurdy.
She is also survived by grandchildren Tom McCurdy, Vickie and husband Kevin Hall, Robin and wife Trisha Dixon, Jackie and husband Chris Brown, Scott and wife Jessica Dixon, and Carrie and husband Matt Sallee; great-grandchildren Chance, Payton, Kaden, Danielle, Dale, Zach, Zoey, Sophia and Sammy; and several nieces and nephews.
She also leaves behind special friends Lance Schmitt, Evelyn Pomeroy, and the "lunch-bunch."
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- One down, one to go: Auction of Moffat County property results in one sale
- On the record for May 16 to 21
- Moffat County community aid needed to track puppy thieves
- Craig fitness gurus ask community to tough it out to honor fallen soldier in Memorial Day Workout
- Double the fun: Siblings graduate together, pursue technical school