Richard Dale Atchley
November 9, 2011
Richard Dale Atchley was born on April 20, 1946, in Lebanon, Mo., the son of Glen and Beulah (McCormick) Atchley. He was raised and attended school in Pueblo.
Following high school, Richard joined the U.S. Navy and served four years in the Seabee's.
He returned to Pueblo and in the late '70s he moved to Craig, where he worked as a glass installer at Black Mountain Glass. Richard enjoyed fishing and panning for gold.
He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265, the Ham Radio Club in Craig and a Gold Panning Club.
Richard died on Friday, Oct. 28, 2011, at his home following a lengthy illness.
He is survived by his brothers, Miles (Carolyn) Atchley, of Westminster, Calif., and Howard (Florence) Atchley of Pueblo; numerous nieces, nephews; other relatives; and many close friends.
A memorial service will be held at 9 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, 2011, at the VFW Hall, 419 E. Victory Way.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, in care of Grant Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATED: Last show of strength for Empire Mine in Moffat County; silo still standing after failed demolition attempt
- Moffat County Jail Report for Nov. 9 to Nov. 20
- Thieves target Christmas ornaments: On the record for Nov. 16, 17
- Multiple kids on the loose: On the record for Nov. 18, 19
- 3 involved in rollover in southern Moffat County