October 31, 2011
Marvin Grimm died at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011, in Phoenix, Ariz. He was 85.
He was born April 22, 1926, in Farmington, Iowa, and after graduating from Farmington High, joined the Navy where he served on an LST during World War II.
After returning from the service, he attended college at Iowa Wesleyn and married Betty Smith in August 1948.
Marv was a coach, classroom teacher, principal and superintendent of schools in Bonaparte, Iowa, before moving to Victor, Iowa, where he was superintendent for six years.
In 1966, the Grimms relocated to Craig, where Marv served as superintendent of schools for 14 years.
Upon retiring from the field of education, Marv and Betty owned and operated a general merchandise and sporting goods business in Craig for 12 years.
In 1998, they moved to Arizona.
Marv is survived by his wife, Betty; sons David and Douglas; daughter Rebecca; son-in-law Ekram; and granddaughters Collier and Grey.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Update: Winter Valley Fire grows to 6,400 acres near Elk Springs, Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Consultants provide Craig parents with data to inform school closure process
- Economic development board supports ballot measures 2A, 5A
- Moffat County suicides drop to zero; access to care increasing, barriers still remain