Ramon D. “Ray” Reid
October 3, 2011
Ramon D. "Ray" Reid was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Humme, Mo., the son of Adriane and Maud (Robey) Reid. He was raised and attended school in Missouri.
Ray married Wilma A. Petersen on Feb. 28, 1951, in Nebraska.
They made their home in many places, including Missouri, Wyoming, Oregon and Grand Junction, Brush, Fort Morgan and Loveland, before moving to Baggs, Wyo., some 25 years ago.
Ray worked in the oil fields, was a rancher, and shoed horses and worked as terminal manager for Highland Enterprises for three years before retiring.
He enjoyed fishing, reading Westerns, his horses and cows, race horses, and at one time trained them and was a jockey.
Ray died Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, at his home in Baggs. He was 83.
He is survived by his wife, Wilma Reid, of Baggs, Wyo.; daughter Shelly (Omar) Vossler, of Cheyenne, Wyo.; son Scott (Whitni) Reid, of Craig; grandchildren Travis Risner, Jackie Carragher, Brice Reid, Abbie Reid, Kelby Virden and Brady Virden; and five great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Cremation has taken place and a private service will take place at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chainsaw fuel implicated in Temple Fire firefighter injury
- Businessman to fill Moffat County School Board vacancy
- Lifetime sport: Yampa Valley Golf Course’s Cottonwood Classic celebrates 50 years, devoted players
- Craig angler hooks $1,500 prize in Elkhead fishing tournament
- Rabbit Ears Peak erosion goes viral on social media and spurs some to ponder new names