Ramon D. “Ray” Reid
October 3, 2011
Ramon D. "Ray" Reid was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Humme, Mo., the son of Adriane and Maud (Robey) Reid. He was raised and attended school in Missouri.
Ray married Wilma A. Petersen on Feb. 28, 1951, in Nebraska.
They made their home in many places, including Missouri, Wyoming, Oregon and Grand Junction, Brush, Fort Morgan and Loveland, before moving to Baggs, Wyo., some 25 years ago.
Ray worked in the oil fields, was a rancher, and shoed horses and worked as terminal manager for Highland Enterprises for three years before retiring.
He enjoyed fishing, reading Westerns, his horses and cows, race horses, and at one time trained them and was a jockey.
Ray died Thursday, Sept. 15, 2011, at his home in Baggs. He was 83.
He is survived by his wife, Wilma Reid, of Baggs, Wyo.; daughter Shelly (Omar) Vossler, of Cheyenne, Wyo.; son Scott (Whitni) Reid, of Craig; grandchildren Travis Risner, Jackie Carragher, Brice Reid, Abbie Reid, Kelby Virden and Brady Virden; and five great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Cremation has taken place and a private service will take place at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATED: Last show of strength for Empire Mine in Moffat County; silo still standing after failed demolition attempt
- Moffat County Jail Report for Nov. 9 to Nov. 20
- Thieves target Christmas ornaments: On the record for Nov. 16, 17
- Multiple kids on the loose: On the record for Nov. 18, 19
- 3 involved in rollover in southern Moffat County