Norman Delbert “Dubbs” Yoast
August 31, 2011
Norman Delbert "Dubbs" Yoast, 90, passed away on Monday, Aug. 22, 2011, in North Oaks, Minn., at the age of 90.
Norman was born in Hayden on Jan. 13, 1921, to parents Elmer and Louise (Kuen) Yoast.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Louise (Ward) Yoast, and brothers Raymond Yoast and Robert Hope, Jr.
He is survived by his children, Bruce (Karen) Yoast of Frederick, Colo., and Vicki (Rolland) Scott, of Lino Lakes, Minn.; grandchildren Norman (Debbie) Yoast, Christopher (Marlene) Miller and Kathleen Miller Rick; great-grandchildren Lindsey Yoast, Colten Yoast, Miles Miller, Ethan Rick and Cooper Miller; sister Mary Lou Hope (John) Skufca; and niece Tammy (Kurt) Kovel.
Dubbs worked his way up from a roustabout to a district superintendent with the Texaco Oil Company. He traveled as far away as Alaska and Africa for his work. He was also a longtime member of the Masons. He will be remembered by his family for his sense of humor, generosity, giving spirit and love of fishing. His family was the most important thing to him. He will be greatly missed.
A private service will be held in Colorado at a later date.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Update: Winter Valley Fire burns 3,500 acres, Deerlodge residents evacuated in western Moffat County
- Winter Valley Fire near Elk Springs reaches 5,200 acres, burning on Cross Mountain in western Moffat County
- Consultants provide Craig parents with data to inform school closure process
- Moffat County suicides drop to zero; access to care increasing, barriers still remain
- Moffat County 4-H aims high, shoots straight at state