Tuesday’s Moffat County Commission action items
March 10, 2010
At its regular Tuesday meeting, the Moffat County Commission:
• Approved, 3-0, warrant resolutions for the month of February totaling $187,504.07.
• Approved, 3-0, a grant application from the Craig-Moffat County Airport Advisory Board to the Federal Aviation Administration for $82,068 for airport development.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Janet Martinez for early childhood quality teaching classes in the amount of $7,832.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Judi Whilden for expanded early childhood quality teaching classes in the amount of $7,832.
• Tabled, 3-0, a personnel requisition from Jo Reed, of the human resources department, for two part-time crisis intervention specialist positions for the Youth Services Department.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for services with the Statewide Internet Portal Authority to potentially add or revise the county's Web services.
• Approved, 3-0, a sand and gravel lease expansion of 30.63 acres with Ann and Nick Charchalis for extracting sand and gravel from the property.
• Tabled, 3-0, a request for senior snow plowing services.
• Approved, 3-0, a request from the planning and zoning department to split the Long Minor Subdivision into two lots, one of which will be built on and the other sold.
• Approved, 3-0, a conditional use permit for Elam Construction Co. for a gravel mining pit on a 31.2-acre site.
• Heard an update from Ray Beck about the Yampa Valley Regional Airport and the Yampa Valley Economic Development Council.
• Heard from Marilynn Hill, new director of Moffat County Tourism Association, who introduced herself to the commission.
• Rescheduled a teleconference with Heidi Wagner and David Lock to discuss carbon legislative initiatives because of technical difficulties.
• Hosted a quarterly intergovernmental agency meeting.
• Discussed recent MCTA board resignations and board size.
• Discussed a recent designation for the greater sage grouse as "warranted but precluded" under the Endangered Species Act.