TMH Board takes action at Thursday meeting
February 25, 2012
At its regular meeting Thursday, The Memorial Hospital Board:
• Approved, 6-0, provisional medical staff privileges for one emergency medicine physician, two certified registered nurses and one hospitalist. Board members also approved reappointment of a certified registered nurse anesthetist and a radiologist.
• Accepted, 6-0, the hospital's 2012 strategic plan, which includes goals for growth, staff, quality, organization and finances.
• Accepted, 6-0, the hospital's 2011 annual safety report. The hospital's disaster plan has been updated, and plans to monitor security at TMH facilities and conduct a patient safety survey are ongoing.
• Discussed a proposal to move TMH Rehabilitation Center to TMH Medical Clinic this spring. The hospital board approved spending up to $125,000 to renovate the clinic, but the lowest bids for the project came in at around $180,000, Jennifer Riley, TMH chief of organizational excellence, said Friday. Hospital officials will postpone the project and bring it back to the board at a later date. Until then, the Rehabilitation Center will remain at its current location in Centennial Mall.
• Heard a report from Chief Executive Officer George Rohrich. Dr. Scott Ellis, current chief of staff, has expressed interest in the chief medical officer position, a new supervisory role at the hospital. TMH officials are discussing the position.
• Heard a report from Chief Financial Officer Bryan Chalmers.
"We had a great January," Riley said Friday. "We're under budget."
• Heard a report from Riley, which included a $50,000 grant request The Memorial Hospital Foundation submitted to Colorado Rural Health Center. If granted, the funds would pay for IT upgrades at TMH Clinic.
• Heard a report from Chief Nursing Officer Lorraine Reinhardt. Plans to make TMH campuses tobacco-free are ongoing, and hospital officials are working with local clergy to create a volunteer hospital chaplaincy program.
Note: Board member John Kinkaid was absent Thursday.Note: Board member John Kinkaid was absent Thursday.
Note: Board member John Kinkaid was absent Thursday.
Click here to have the print version of the Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.