TMH board takes action at Thursday meeting
October 29, 2011
At its regular meeting Thursday, The Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees:
• Heard an educational update about Quorum Health Resources webinars.
• Approved, 6-0, Oct. 19 finance committee meeting minutes and financial report.
• Approved, 6-0, Oct. 13 quality committee meeting minutes.
• Approved, 6-0, Oct. 10 TMH Foundation meeting minutes.
• Approved, 6-0, medical privileges. The board approved nine physicians for reappointment and one for provisional appointment.
Recommended Stories For You
• Approved, 6-0, a memorandum of understanding with the University of Colorado Denver's Colorado Colorectal Screening Program. The MOU outlines the agreement between the two entities to provide discounted colorectal screenings. THM provides the service, which the university funds, said Jennifer Riley, TMH chief of organizational excellence.
• Adopted, 6-0, a 2012 budget presentation and review schedule.
• Adopted, 6-0, a document titled "Functions of a board quality committee." According to the document, the committee's duties include recommending annual quality and safety aims to the board, oversee the "integrity and reliability" of the credentialing process and recommend new or improved quality and safety policies to the board, as needed.
• Heard an update on the hospital's strategic plan. The document outlines goals in several areas, including growth, physicians and quality.
• Heard a third-quarter safety report. The report outlined several safety goals for 2011, including updating the hospital's disaster plan and conducting fire drills and a patient safety survey.
• Heard a report from Wayne Scholz, an area vice president for Quorum Health Resources, the hospital's management company. Scholz acknowledged "how well we are doing financially," Riley said, adding that the hospital's net patient revenue is up 24 percent from the same time last year.
Note: Secretary/treasurer Don Myers was absent.