The Memorial Hospital board moves forward with new CEO candidate
July 14, 2014
At its regular monthly meeting Thursday, The Memorial Hospital Board of Trustees:
• Approved, 7-0, medical staff privileges as presented by Chief of Staff Jeff Womble. Among those approved were radiologist Daniel Kreider to provisional status; hospitalist Terry Clower advancing to associate staff; and radiologist Ross Goldstein and hospitalists Roland Kafuuma and Timothy Bresnahan reappointed to associate staff.
• Approved, 7-0, capital purchases including a contract with Ricoh Copier Services, which will replace Xerox on Aug. 1; a renewal of an agreement with Omni Laundry Services through 2019; a purchase from Stryker OR Equipment for equipment that will assist with operations requiring suction; and a purchase from CPSI Electronic File Management of a module that will work with file management for the current hospital record system.
• Approved, 7-0, updated bylaws for the TMH Volunteer Auxiliary.
• Approved, 7-0, a mutual aid agreement with Moffat County Emergency Medical Services System.
• Discussed the progress in the search for a new chief financial officer. Interim CEO John Rossfeld, who began at TMH temporarily in January replacing Chris Smolik, is now in consideration to take the job permanently.
The board will move forward on this July 25 after a community meeting with Rossfeld at 5 p.m. July 22 at TMH.
• Heard a financial report for June from Tim Howard, interim chief financial officer.
• Heard a report on the hospital's capital budget from Controller Denise Arola.
• Heard a monthly report from Quorum Health Resources representative Bill Donatelli.
• Heard a monthly report on the hospital's capital budget from Denise Arola, department controller.
• Heard a monthly report from Rossfeld.
• Heard a facilities safety report for 2014's first and second quarter from David Mucha, TMH facility director.
• Heard a patient safety report for 2014's first and second quarter from Chief Nursing Officer Kim White.
• Heard a report from Terri Jourgensen, director of TMH Medical Clinic, about new developments at the site, including the success of extending office hours and the recent hiring of Jane Rosen, a nurse practitioner.
Contact Andy Bockelman at 970-875-1793 or abockelman@CraigDailyPress.com.