Moffat County Tourism Association Board takes action at Wednesday meeting
February 1, 2012
At its regular meeting Wednesday, the Moffat County Tourism Association Board:
• Elected 2012 board officers.
Bryce Jacobson, Craig Daily Press publisher, was named chairman. Leona Hemmerich was named vice-chairwoman, Tammie Thompson-Booker treasurer, and Dee Bates secretary.
• Approved a $5,000 funding request from the Moffat County Balloon Festival/Colorado State BBQ Championships planning committee.
• Approved a $150 funding request for a Craig Rotary Club reception.
• Discussed hosting a grand opening in early March for the new office space located at Centennial Mall.
• Discussed Craig Chamber of Commerce visitor center memorandum of understanding.
• Discussed funding for the Dinosaur visitor center.
• Discussed amending the length of board member terms.
• Set board training for March 5.
• Approved spending $400 on advertising for MCTA's annual report.
• Heard a report from MCTA Director Melody Villard.
— For more on Wednesday's MCTA meeting, see Friday's Craig Daily Press or visit http://www.craigdailypress.com.