Moffat County Commissioner April 29 meeting recap
April 29, 2014
At their regular Tuesday meeting Moffat County commissioners:
• Voted, 3-0, to accept the lowest bid, $7,200, for asphalt materials testing from Soil Logic.
• Discussed the bidding for the Shadow Mountain improvement project and voted, 3-0, for the lowest bid, $2.33 million from Rundle Construction in Hotchkiss.
• Accepted an award from Moffat County United Way recognizing the county staff who contributed to the nonprofit that distributes funds to local service organizations. They also recognized Moffat County Treasurer and Public Trustee with an award for her exceptional contributions to United Way.
• Agreed to send a letter from the county Natural Resources Department to the Bureau of Land Management regarding public comments on sage grouse habitat and the best way to conserve the species without negatively impacting private landowners.
"What I think (BLM) needs to do is listen to their stakeholder comments and adjust their plan," said Jeff Comstock, director of the Natural Resources Department.
Commissioners voted, 3-0, in favor of sending the letter to BLM.
• Discussed the Rural Entrepreneur Marketplace with Audrey Danner, interim director for the Craig/Moffat Economic Development Partnership. The conference will be in Craig on June 12 and 13 and bring rural small business owners and starters from all over the country to learn about how to start up, network and keep their business going.
The Craig Chamber of Commerce and CMEDP partnered under the Craig Community Assessment umbrella to get a grant from the USDA to put the conference on. Danner asked the board of county commissioners for a donation of $250 to $500.
"I think it's important that our local government understands our businesses are trying to help themselves," she said.
The commissioners said they would decide whether to donate, and how much, within a week.
Contact Erin Fenner at 970-875-1794 or efenner@CraigDailyPress.com.Contact Erin Fenner at 970-875-1794 or efenner@CraigDailyPress.com.Contact Erin Fenner at 970-875-1794 or efenner@CraigDailyPress.com.