Moffat County Commission update and agenda
March 30, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met:Last met: March 23 March 23
Last met: March 23
• Approved, 3-0, warrant resolutions for March totaling $540,412.68.
• Approved, 3-0, minutes for the Jan. 5 and 26, Feb. 11 and 23 and March 2 meetings.
• Approved, 3-0, a bylaw update for the Moffat County Libraries Board.
• Approved, 3-0, an agreement between the Moffat County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Forest Service for service to Medicine Bow and Routt National Forests.
• Approved, 3-0, a legal representation agreement between Moffat County and the Department of Social Services and attorney Tammy Stewart.
• Approved, 3-0, an intergovernmental agreement for the operation of the Craig/Moffat County Airport between Moffat County and Craig.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for engineering between Diversified Consulting Solutions, Inc. and Moffat County for the swinging bridge project for $15,900.
• Tabled, 3-0, a proclamation to declare April the Month of the Young Child.
• Approved, 3-0, wording changes to Exhibit B of the Section 8 Housing Authority housing voucher program.
• Denied, 3-0, a petition for abatement from Questar Gas Management of the Moffat County Assessor's Office.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with TLC Carpet One of Craig for replacement of the courthouse carpet and flooring for $23,757.
• Approved, 3-0, adoption of credit card policies and procedures for Moffat County employees.
• Heard an update from Jeff Comstock on House Bill 10-1365.
Special meeting:Special meeting: March 25 March 25
Special meeting: March 25
• Approved, 3-0, to send a letter of opposition to state senators and representatives regarding Colorado House Bill 10-1365.
Next meeting:Next meeting: Tuesday, March 30, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Tuesday, March 30, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 30, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: approve minutes for Jan. 12, Feb. 2, Feb. 16 and March 24; a warrant resolution; Early Childhood Council proclamation for Month of the Young Child; early childhood facilitation and technical assistance contract; Villard pit sand and gravel lease renewal, breach pond request.
• 8:45 to 9:00 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9:00 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge.
— Present bid recommendations for vehicle purchases, crack seal materials, and engineering services for the landfill.
• 9:15 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Tinneal Gerber, of administration.
— Present March budget supplementations.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Todd Wheeler of the Sheriff's Office.
— Present annual fire operation plan
• 10:00 to 10:30 a.m. Elected officials reports.
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Gary Brannan, of the weed and pest department.
— Present bid recommendations for vehicles, equipment and chemicals.
• 10:45 to 11:00 a.m. Discussion with Jennifer Riley, of the assessor's office.
— Present abatement petition for Randy and Joy Booco.
• 11:00 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw, of the IT department, and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge.
— Request waiving bid process for landfill and scale software.