Moffat County Commission takes action at Tuesday meeting
September 8, 2010
The Moffat County Commission took action on several items during its weekly meeting Tuesday. The commission:
• Approved, 3-0, meeting minutes from June 29, July 13 and 20, and Aug. 3, 11 and 12.
• Approved, 3-0, a transfer of payment warrant resolution for August totaling $338,592.67.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for urine analysis with CAPS for 30 days not to exceed $500.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution for temporary closure of Moffat County Stock Drive at Stock Drive bridge for repair until Oct. 21.
• Approved, 3-0, a resolution for temporary closure of Moffat County Road 83 at the swinging bridge until Oct. 31.
• Approved, 3-0, a reclamation release request for the Smith pit No. 20 from the Colorado Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety.
• Approved, 3-0, a five-county core substance abuse services contract with Colorado West Regional Mental Health doing business as West Slope Casa until May 31, 2011 not to exceed $27,000.
• Approved, 3-0, a five-county core mental health services contract with Colorado West Regional Mental Health of Glenwood Springs not to exceed $92,750 until May 31, 2011.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract with Jenison Custom Builders for replacement of about 3,000 square feet of flat, membrane-style roofing totaling $15,900.
• Approved, 3-0, a non-corporate resolution form with Multi-Bank Securities, Inc. regarding a company name change from Ridge Securities.
• Approved, 3-0, a quarterly certification and report for the Moffat County public trustee.
• Approved, 3-0, a social services department core services three-year plan.
• Tabled awarding a bid for a 4,000-gallon water tank for the road and bridge department.
• Approved, 3-0, to award purchase of a WR90 Series 3 Walk 'n' Roll packer/roller with Lycox Enterprises for $17,161.67 for the road and bridge department.
• Denied, 3-0, a petition for abatement from Stanley and Barbara Sholes regarding a request to list the property as agricultural not residential from the assessor's office.
• Approved, 3-0, to enter executive session with county attorney Jeremy Snow and Tinneal Gerber of administration regarding the negotiation of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease and to receive specific legal advice.
• Discussed a speed limit study for Moffat County Road 129.