Michelle Balleck: Inside or out this weekend — your pick
January 11, 2011
Submit your event
Submit your event's details for consideration by e-mailing me at mballeck@craigdai… or calling 875-1790.
If you can defrost yourself first, there are some fun things on the docket for the weekend.
With temperatures warming up this weekend and hovering around the freezing point for highs, there are good times to be had whether you're ready to strap on your skates or prefer cozying up with a good book or movie.
• Get some fresh air during Yampa River State Park‘s Annual Ski and Skate from 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the park, located between Craig and Hayden on U.S. Highway 40.
Don't miss warming up by the campfire with hot cocoa, hot dogs and s'mores.
Plus, it's all free — yippee!
Call the park at 276-2061 to find out more.
• While you're reveling in the great outdoors, take advantage of National Park Fee Free Days on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Monday is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, so if you're lucky enough to have the day off to remember, it would be a great time to visit a park.
Visit http://www.nps.gov for details and a searchable database of all of our 394 national parks.
• Support the community kitchen during a fundraising dinner tonight.
St. Michael's Kitchen hosts its annual benefit dinner from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. today at St. Michael Catholic Church, 678 School St.
The cost is $10 per person.
Call Gail Severson at 824-5283 to get more details.
The restaurant, 351 Ranney St., is open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, so stop in.
• The Craig Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors invite the community to the next Business After-Hours Mixer from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Colorado CPA, 555 Breeze St.
It's free, just RSVP by calling 824-5689 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This month's selection is Harry Bernstein's "The Invisible Wall."
For more information about the club, call 824-4136.
• The economy got you down?
The free class is offered in the second floor meeting room of the Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way.
Call 756-1885 to RSVP.
Don't miss "The A-Team," "Despicable Me," "Legend of the Guardians: Owls of Ga’Hoole," "The Town" and "The Social Network," all out now at redbox. They sound like more happy excuses to curl up and enjoy some wintertime warmth.