Michelle Balleck: A fair-ly good weekend
August 11, 2010
Submit your event
Submit your event's details for consideration by e-mailing me at mballeck@craigdai… or calling 875-1790.
And beyond that, there's plenty to keep you occupied for a weekend of music, billiards and revving engines.
• Have you made it to the fair yet?
Never fear. The Moffat County Fair continues through Saturday and has a little something for everyone.
Some highlights include lawnmower races at noon Saturday, the beer and wine contest at 12:30 p.m. Saturday and miniature bull riding at 1:30 p.m. Saturday. Plus, there's all the animal-petting, greasy food-eating and inflatable-jumping fun you can handle.
So head on down to the Moffat County Fairgrounds to soak it all in.
Find the whole schedule of events at http://www.craigdailypress.com/fair.
• Hayden Speedway has a regular show and dwarf cars starting at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
Catch the action for $8 for adults and $4 for youths 7 to 12. Kids ages 6 and younger get in free.
The track's at 37900 County Road 53 in Hayden.
Need to know more? Call 824-3070 or (970) 208-7772.
Registration is from 7 to 9 a.m. with races at 10 a.m.
Admission is $8 for those 13 and older, $4 for 6 to 12, and free for children 5 and younger. A pit pass for spectators is $20.
So head on down and watch the action or enter your own vehicle.
Visit http://www.moffatcountymudruns.com to get all the details.
• The OP Bar & Grill, 534 E. Victory Way, invites the band Cabin Fever to fill the air from 8 p.m. to midnight Saturday.
So if you're in the mood for some country and rock by local musicians, head on down. Oh, and don't worry about paying cover.
• The Sports Page Bar at the Holiday Inn of Craig, 300 S. Colo. Hwy. 13, hosts the live band Murphy's Law from 9 p.m. to close on both Friday and Saturday nights.
So you could fill your weekend with music. Break out your dancing shoes.
• Bet you can't do this.
Check out the antics of billiards trick shot master Mike Massey at 3 p.m. Saturday.
He will perform exhibition, challenge matches and pool instruction at Mathers' Lounge & Cafe, 420 Yampa Ave.
Massey will also provide instruction for American Poolplayers Association league players and sign some autographs.
• Have friends from the Moffat County High School Class of 1965?
• I promise I won't include too many Steamboat events in these inches, but this one is a rare opportunity, in my opinion. And it doesn't have the slightest bit to do with my obsession with Eastern culture.
Check out the opening ceremony at 11 a.m. Saturday or closing ceremony at 7 p.m. Wednesday at 1289 Lincoln Ave., Steamboat. You can also stop by between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on the days in between to have a look.
There are more details at http://www.mandalaontheyampa.wordpress.com.