Meeting to show VNA’s community contributions | CraigDailyPress.com

Meeting to show VNA’s community contributions

Lisa Brown, Chief executive officer, Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association

Lisa Brown

When you think of being healthy, do you think about what you put in your grocery cart? Do you think about taking the stairs instead of the elevator?

Do you think about the importance of sitting down for dinner with your family and talking about your day instead of turning on the TV?

We do.

Health and wellness go hand in hand for stopping illness or disease before it happens. We have an incredible staff of more than 150 people dedicated to teaching our community how to take control of their own health through our Community Health Center, Home Health, Hospice and Palliative Care and Public Health and Aging programs.

In a recent survey, more than 97 percent of Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association's clients said they would refer others to our services. And the other 3 percent said they were likely do the same.

We're proud of this number. It is a reflection of our commitment to providing excellent, consistent, reliable services for more than 46 years in the valley.

Recommended Stories For You

As we look back on 2010 for our annual meeting, it is clear that we accomplished more with less.

We brought more than $3.5 million in state and federal funds into our community. We maintained our core programs while many sources of funding declined.

While continuing our programs that prevent, manage or care for chronic diseases, we also look to the future, which is becoming more focused on the prevention piece of wellness.

Our work continues to expand into the community, where most of health occurs.

Please join us for our annual meeting at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday at The Haven Community Center. We'll be presenting our 2010 Annual Report, honoring our employees, welcoming new board members and celebrating with a casual family picnic.

For more information, please call Suzi Mariano at 871-7631.

Our annual report can be found online at http://www.nwcovna.org and at both of our front offices.

Click here to have the print version of the Craig Daily Press delivered to your home.

Go back to article