Government update for the week of Oct. 26
October 23, 2015
Moffat County Commissioners' meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Recommended Stories For You
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Oct. 19
b) Emergency management program grant reimbursement request
c) Core services contract for life skills instruction services
d) Core services contract for sexual abuse treatment services
e) Community services block grant contract amendment
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: road & Bridge Department — Linda DeRose
• Present bid recommendations for culvert
• Award bid on packer/roller
• Present Senior Snowplow requests for approval
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Announce Fair Board seat selections
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6 p.m. Tuesday 6 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St. Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Sept. 25 meeting
4) Approval of agenda
5) Consent agenda
• Renewal of retail liquor license for Load Out Liquors, 1800 W. Victory Way.
• Approve a special events permit for the Craig Chamber of Commerce for Nov. 14, from 5 p.m. to midnight, to be held at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion, 750 E. Fourth St.
• Approval of a special events permit for the Boys & Girls Club for Dec. 5, from 4 p.m. to midnight to be held at the Boys & Girls Club,1304 E. Highway 40.
6) Council Reports
• Mike Bertram of the Northwest Colorado Center for Independence will make a presentation to Craig City Council regarding its services and events.
• Sam Mamet, executive director of the Colorado Municipal League will address Craig City Council to discuss current events and updates.
8) Other Business
• Consider approval of a letter to the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement in support of Trapper Mine and the timely completion of the environmental assessment.
• Approval of matching funds in the amount of $12,500 for a broadband planning grant from the Department of Local Affairs.
• Introduction of Ordinance No. 1048 (2015) — an ordinance to increase water and wastewater rates.
• Introduction of Ordinance No. 1047 (2015) — proposed 2016 budget.
9) Staff Reports
• September water/wastewater department reports
• September financial report
10) City Manager/City Attorney Reports
11) Audience Comments
12) Additional Council Reports