Government update for the week of Nov. 9
November 6, 2015
Moffat County Commissioners' meeting
When:When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
Recommended Stories For You
1) 8:30 to 8:35 a.m.: Call to order
Pledge of Allegiance/opening prayer
2) 8:35 to 8:45 a.m.: Consent agenda —
Review and sign the following documents:
a) Approve minutes: Nov. 3
b) Core services sexual abuse treatment services contracts with Joanne Snow and Jennifer Harris
c) Kroger prescription plan contract amendment
3) 8:45 to 9 a.m.: General discussion — Please note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
4) 9 to 9:15 a.m.: Planning & Zoning — Jerry Hoberg
• Stehle exemption E-15-03
5) 9:15 to 9:30 a.m.: Road and Bridge Department — Dan Miller
• Monthly reports
6) 9:30 to 9:45 a.m.: Finance Department — Mindy Curtis
• Present 2016 proposed budget
7) 9:45 to 10 a.m.: Youth Services Department — Tara Wojtkiewicz
• Present letter requesting appointment of Dollie Rose to Juvenile Services Planning Commission
8) 10 to 10:15 a.m.: Human Resources Department — Lynnette Siedschlaw
• Discuss 2016 health insurance plan
9) 10:15 to 10:30 a.m.: Natural Resources Department — Jeff Comstock
• Review scoping comments from Moffat County for Trapper Mine environmental assessment
Craig City Council meeting
When:When: 6 p.m. Tuesday 6 p.m. Tuesday
When: 6 p.m. Tuesday
Where:Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St. Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. 4th St.
1) Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
2) Call to order
3) Approval of minutes from Oct. 27 meeting
4) Approval of October 2015 bills
5) Approval of bills
6) Consent agenda
• Approval of a hotel and restaurant liquor license for Vallarta’s restaurant, 1111 W. Victory Way.
• Approval of a retail liquor store license for Elk Liquor Store, 1111 W. Victory Way.
• Approval of a special events permit for Horizon's Specialized Services for a 40th Anniversary party to be held on Nov. 12 at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion from 6 to 8 p.m.
7) Council reports
• Elyse Ackerman, regional representative from the Department of Local Affairs will address city council.
• Drew Kramer, public affairs manager at Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, and Chris McCourt, Colowyo Mine manager, will address city council.
• Aspen Matthews, United Way Community impact coordinator, will address council regarding the Getting Ahead community impact program.
• Janell Oberlander, vice president of Colorado Northwestern Community College Craig campus, will provide an update to city council.
9) Other business
• Resolution No. 12 — A resolution supporting the grant application from Great Outdoors Colorado for the Craig Parks, Recreation, Trails and Open Space Master Plan update.
• Ordinance No. 1048 — an ordinance increasing water and wastewater rates.
• Public hearing and approval of Ordinance No. 1047 — an ordinance adopting the proposed 2016 budget.
10) Staff reports
• Police department monthly report
11) City manager/city attorney reports
12) Audience comments
13) Additional council reports