Government Update for September 4
September 4, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Aug. 31
• Approved, 3-0, meeting minutes from March 16, April 6, June 1 and 15, July 6 and 27, and Aug. 17.
• Approved, 3-0, payroll warrants ending Aug. 21 totaling $430,212.63.
• Approved, 3-0, voided warrants for August for $956.36.
• Approved, 3-0, transfer of payment of warrants for August totaling $338,592.67.
• Approved, 3-0, special payroll warrants ending Aug. 30 totaling $831.15.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for service on the Loudy-Simpson Park Ice Arena with Diversified Thermal Services, Inc. of Anaheim, Calif., not to exceed $3,500.
• Approved, 3-0, an intergovernmental agreement contract with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for public nursing services totaling $35,400 of state and federal funds.
• Approved, 2-1, awarding a bid for repairs to the North Annex roof to Jenison Custom Building for a total of $15,900.
• Approved, 3-0, awarding a bridge decking bid for Custom Structural Steel, Inc., up to $12,920.
• Approved, 3-0, to enter executive session with county attorney Jeremy Snow and Tinneal Gerber of administration regarding the negotiation of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease and to receive specific legal advice.
• Tabled a bid recommendation for repairs to the Moffat County Public Safety Center roof.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: meeting minutes from June 29, July 13, 20, Aug. 3, 11, 13; warrant resolution; contract for urinalysis services; resolution for temporary closure of Moffat County Stock Drive at Stock Drive Bridge for repair; resolution for temporary closure of Moffat County Road 83 at Swinging Bridge for repair extension; letter to the Colorado Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety regarding Smith Pit 2 reclamation; five-county core services substance abuse services contract; five-county core mental health services contract; north annex roof replacement contract; multi-bank securities non-corporate form for treasurer's office; quarterly certification of public trustee; social services department core services three-year plan.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose of the road and bridge department.
— Present bid recommendation for water tank.
— Present bid recommendation for packer/roller.
— Discuss speed limit study for County Road 129
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Carol Scott of the assessor's office.
— Present petition for abatement for Stanley and Barbara Sholes.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discuss repairs to the Loudy-Simpson Park Ice Arena equipment.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Break
• 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow and Tinneal Gerber of administration.
— Possible executive session regarding the negotiation of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease including receiving specific legal advice.