Government Update for September 18
September 18, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: Sept. 14
• Approved, 3-0, payroll warrant resolutions ending Sept. 4 totaling $415,535.46.
• Approved, 3-0, a contract for services with Diversified Thermal Services, Inc., for parts and repair services to the Moffat County Ice Arena cooling system totaling $48,125.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition from the Moffat County Sheriff's Office for a regular, part-time master control position at the Moffat County Jail.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition from the Moffat County Sheriff's Office for a regular, part-time detention deputy at the Moffat County Jail.
• Approved, 3-0, a personnel requisition from the Moffat County Sheriff's Office for a regular, full-time detention deputy at the Moffat County Jail.
• Approved, 3-0, an annual election of forest payments for 2011 totaling $37,420.
• Heard a monthly report from county road and bridge director Bill Mack.
Next meeting: Tuesday, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:40 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: meeting minutes from Aug. 24 and Sept. 9; warrant resolution; letter requesting inspection fee waiver for The Memorial Hospital mammogram equipment; Cedar Mountain Communication site lease with BLM.
• 8:40 to 8:45 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. Discussion of and possible award of casualty/property insurance.
• 9 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Suzanne Brinks of the assessor's office and county attorney Jeremy Snow.
— Property tax abatement hearings for Bethell Trucking and Elk Springs Recycling.
• 10 to 10:15 a.m. Discussion with Todd Hagenbuch of Sen. Michael Bennet's office.
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Phone discussion with State Sen. Al White.
• 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer of the social services department.
— Review Aug. 24 minutes for revision or approval, community health integration grant, -recent and upcoming audits and reviews, child care automated system, monthly reports.
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Discussion regarding medical marijuana ballot initiative.
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Discussion with Lynnette Running of the human resources department.
— Present two personnel requisitions for approval.
• 11:45 to noon. Discussion with Dan Davidson of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
— Present two mineral leases for signature.
• Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch break
• 1 to 3 p.m. Quarterly intergovernmental agencies meeting.