Government Update for Oct. 6
October 5, 2012
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
— Review and sign the following documents: Sept. 4 and Sept. 18 meeting minutes, resolution for transfer of payment warrants, resolution for payment of payroll warrants, contract between Moffat County School District and the Department of Social Services for nurturing parent program, and dual check agreement with Peak Services.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion:
— Note commissioners may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Mindy Curtis, Moffat County finance director
— Present proposed 2013 budget
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Dean Herndon, of the Moffat County Sheriff's Office
— Present medical services contract cost increase for approval.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Linda DeRose
— United Way presentation.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of road and bridge
— Present monthly reports
• 10:30 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of natural resources
— Present Freedom of Information request to the Bureau of Land Management for consideration.
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of human resources
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 11 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 to 11:45 a.m. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of planning and zoning
— Present conditional use permit amendment request on behalf of Northwest Redi Mix for the Wand Pit.
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance and moment of silence
• Approve Sept. 25 meeting minutes
• Approve September bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approve a special events permit for Dec. 1 at the Boys & Girls Club of Craig for Cowboy Christmas.
— Approve the renewal of a 3.2 percent beer retail liquor license for Safeway. No cause shown for denial.
— Approve the renewal of a tavern liquor license for Cool Water Grille. No cause shown for denial.
— Consider authorizing Mayor Terry Carwile to sign a nonbinding letter of intent in support of a solar array proposed by Clean Energy Collective for Yampa Valley Electric Association.
• Other business:
— Ordinance No. 1020 to amend Section 2.12.320 of the Craig Municipal Code concerning court costs.
• Staff reports:
— Police Department monthly report.
• City manager/city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments