Government update for Nov. 6
November 6, 2010
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. Tuesday
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda:
Review and sign the following documents: accounting department transfer of payment warrant resolution; Xerox service agreement
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Lynette Running, of the human resources department
Present worker's compensation insurance bid recommendation
Present AFLAC information on new services
• 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. Discuss motocross track use
• 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. Discussion with Linda DeRose, of the road and bridge department
• 10:45 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Jan Gerber, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
Present contract with Brown Shoe Company regarding copyright issues
• 11 to 11:15 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock, of the natural resources department, and Dan Davidson, of the Museum of Northwest Colorado
Approve mineral bid process
• 11:15 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 a.m. to noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of the planning and zoning department
Buckley re-subdivision S-10-03
Present to new forms for the planning department's approval
The agenda is subject to change until 24 hours before scheduled hearings. The board may alter the times of the meetings throughout the day or cancel or reschedule noticed meetings.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Oct. 26 meeting minutes
• Approve October bills
• Approve agenda
• Consent agenda:
Request for approval of renewal of 3.2-percent beer retail license for Safeway Store No. 635 at 1295 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Request for approval of the renewal of retail liquor store license for Elk Liquor Store Inc. at 1111 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Request for approval of the renewal of retail liquor store license for Dark Horse Liquor at 1520 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
Request for approval of a special events liquor license for the Boys & Girls Club of Craig at 1324 E. Victory Way for Cowboy Christmas on Dec. 4.
Request for approval of a special events liquor license for Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 for the Tri-State Christmas dinner at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion at 750 E. Fourth St. on Dec. 18.
• Other business:
Consideration of Colorado Division of Wildlife deer removal plan for the city.
Ordinance No. 1009, an ordinance adopting the 2011 budget and setting appropriations for the revenues and expenditures, and making and fixing the amount of property tax levies for the city for and during the period beginning Jan. 1, 2010 and ending Dec. 31, 2011. First reading.
Ordinance No. 101, an ordinance amending Chapter 6.40 of the Craig Municipal Code (care and treatment of animals). Prohibiting the feeding of deer and other big-game animals. Introduction.
Ordinance No. 1011, an ordinance waiving the Municipal Court Clerk performance bond. First reading.
• Staff reports
— October report for the Craig Police Department.
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Executive session to discuss the lease of real property known as the Moffat County Public Safety Center and to conference with the city attorney for the purpose of receiving legal advice with respect to this lease.