Government update for Nov. 23
November 20, 2010
Moffat County Commission meeting
When: 8:30 a.m. today
Where: Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:45 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: Accounting department warrant resolutions; audit services engagement letter; core services contract addendum; author publishing agreement for the Museum of Northwest Colorado; social services department payroll and electronic transactions; Yampa Valley OHV Trail Riders Club letter of grant support; Amazon corporate account credit line form for the Moffat County Library.
Recommended Stories For You
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General Discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business, whether or not the topic has been specifically noted on the agenda.
• 9 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Jeff Comstock of the natural resources department and Dan Davidson of the Museum of Northwest Colorado.
— Present bid recommendation for Moffat County mineral sale
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with the Moffat County Balloon Festival Committee
— Present proposal for use of Loudy-Simpson Park for 2011 Balloon Festival
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Discussion with Nicky Boulger of Wyman Living History Museum
— Request snow plowed by road and bridge department be brought to the museum for the winter festival.
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Marie Peer of the department of social services
— Review Oct. 19 minutes
— Community services block grant assurances
— Quarterly update on Connections 4 Kids
— County social services directors association has been renamed to County Human Services Directors Association.
— Monthly reports
• 10:30 to 11 a.m. Discussion with Kimberly Goodwin and Aaron Skroch of Ennovate
— Review of and possible finalization of TEA
• 11 to 11:20 a.m. Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow
— Possible executive session to discuss the lease of the Moffat County Public Safety Center.
• 11:20 to 11:30 a.m. Possible public comment period on the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease
• 11:30 to Noon Discussion with county attorney Jeremy Snow
— Possible executive session to discuss strategy for negotiations for Moffat County Road 47.
Craig City Council meeting
When: 7:30 p.m. today
Where: Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call
• Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Nov. 9 meeting minutes
• Approval of agenda
• Consent agenda
— Approval of a renewal of the hotel and restaurant liquor license for Vallartas Mexican Restaurant at 1111 W. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
— Approval of a renewal of the tavern liquor license for the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4265 at 419 E. Victory Way. No cause shown for denial.
• Other business:
— Ordinance No. 1009 to adopt the 2011 budget for the City of Craig. Second reading.
— Ordinance No. 1010 amending Chapter 6.40 of the Craig Municipal Code concerning the care and treatment of animals to prohibit the feeding of deer and other big game animals. First reading.
— Ordinance No. 1011 to waive the municipal court clerk performance bond. Second reading.
— Ordinance No. 1012 to amend the Craig Municipal Code to increase the water and wastewater rates to provide sufficient revenues to maintain the balance of the water and wastewater enterprise funds. First reading.
— Discussion of the Moffat County Public Safety Center lease negotiations.
— Report from the deer committee.
• Staff reports:
— Finance director Bruce Nelson will present a financial report for October.
— Monthly report from the water department
— Monthly report from the wastewater department
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments