Government update for March 6
March 6, 2010
Moffat County Commission
Last met: March 2
• Approved, 2-0, warrant resolutions totaling $398,624.04.
• Approved, 2-0, a resolution for the establishment of various fees and rates for 2010.
• Approved, 2-0, an electronic benefits transfer and payroll for the Social Services department.
• Approved, 2-0, a bid recommendation to purchase strand cables for the Swinging Bridge from WireCo World Group totaling $29,710.
• Approved, 2-0, a bid to purchase cattle guard iron from Craig Steel in the amount of $14,124.
• Approved, 2-0, to waive the bid process for the engineering of the Swinging Bridge project and award the contract for the design and erection consultation process to Diversified Consulting Solutions.
• Approved, 2-0, to waive the bid process and award Honnen Equipment with a contract for rent of a hydraulic breaker.
• Approved, 2-0, a contract for the Moffat County Housing Authority to supervise Section 8 housing vouchers previously administered by the Grand Junction Housing Authority.
Moffat County Commissioner Audrey Danner was absent.
Next meeting: Tuesday, March 9, Moffat County Courthouse, 221 W. Victory Way
• 8:30 to 8:35 a.m. Call to order, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• 8:35 to 8:50 a.m. Teleconference with Heidi Wagner & David Lock of Tri-State G&T — Discuss carbon legislative initiatives.
• 8:50 to 9 a.m. Consent agenda
— Review and sign the following documents: warrant resolutions and FAA grant application for 2010.
• 8:45 to 9 a.m. General discussion
— Note that the board may discuss any topic relevant to county business whether the topic has been specifically noted on this agenda.
• 9 to 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Jo Reed, of the Human Resources Department.
— Present personnel requisition for approval.
• 9:15 to 9:30 a.m. Discussion with Ray Beck, of YVRA and YVEDC.
— Present board updates
• 9:30 to 9:45 a.m. Discussion with Mason Siedschlaw, of the Information Services Department.
— Present agreement with State Information Portal Authority.
• 9:45 to 10 a.m. Break
• 10 to 10:30 a.m. Discussion with Bill Mack and Linda DeRose, of the Road & Bridge Department.
Present monthly reports
Senior snow plowing request for approval
Charchalis Sand & Gravel lease for approval.
• 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Break
• 11:30 to Noon. Discussion with Jerry Hoberg, of Planning & Zoning
— Present permits for Long Minor Subdivision and a conditional use permit for Elam Construction Gravel Pit.
Craig City Council
Last met: Feb. 23
• Approved, 6-0, resolution No. 5, 2010 to rezone the properties east of Haughey Road and north of East Victory Way to the city limit boundary from "residential low density" to "rural residential."
• Approved, 6-0, a bid to Tri-State Equipment for purchase of a John Deer rotary mower for $33,018.01 for the Parks and Recreation Department.
• Approved, 6-0, a bid to purchase and install new Hon brand office furniture from Jackson's Office Supply in Craig in the amount of $22,345 for the downstairs City Hall remodeling project.
• Approved, 6-0, to award Anson Excavation the cleaning of the No. 2 backwash pond at the power plant not to exceed $8,000 in cost.
• Approved, 6-0, ordinance No. 1002 to carryover budgeted 2009 projects or commitments not accomplished in 2009 into the 2010 budget. Second reading.
• Approved, 6-0, ordinance No. 1003 amending Title 8 concerning Health and Safety, and Title 10 concerning vehicles and traffic of the Craig municipal code. First reading.
• Approved, 5-0, ordinance No. 1004 adopting text amendments to the city of Craig municipal code, chapter 16, articles 3 and 7 to revise certain provisions of the land use code related to the development of land and land use regulations. Council member Byron Willems abstained.
• Heard a 2009 year-end financial report from Finance Director Bruce Nelson.
• Heard from Audrey Danner who introduced John Conley of the Statewide Internet Portal Authority. Conley gave a brief description and history of SIPA.
• Heard reports from the city manager and city attorney.
• Council member Terry Carwile was not present.
Next meeting: 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 9, Craig City Hall, 300 W. Fourth St.
• Roll call, Pledge of Allegiance, moment of silence
• Approve Feb. 23 meeting minutes
• Approve February bills
• Approve agenda
— Approval of an intergovernmental agreement with Moffat County concerning the Craig-Moffat County Airport.
— Year-end report for the Craig Police Department
— Proclamation of March 7 through 13 as Girl Scout Week
• Other business:
— Award a bid for a pole camera for ACET
— Second reading of ordinance No. 1003, a supplemental ordinance amending Title 8 concerning Health and Safety and Title 10 concerning Vehicles and Traffic of the Craig Municipal Code.
Second reading of ordinance No. 1004 adopting certain text amendments to the city of Craig Municipal Code, Chapter 16, Articles 3 and 7 to revise certain provisions of the Land Use Code related to the development of land and land use regulations in the city of Craig.
• Staff reports:
Police department monthly report
Parks department will discuss the downtown streetlights
• City manager and city attorney reports
• Council reports
• Audience comments